MOUSETRAP sailing yacht for sale
|2012 / 2023
|9 in 4 cabins
(approx. $24,417,000 )
The largest carbon sailing catamaran in the world, MOUSETRAP 34M/110’, is now for sale with Fraser. Sailing yacht MOUSETRAP was designed by internationally renowned naval architect VPLP Design and built as a fully custom project by JFA shipyard.
MOUSETRAP was purposefully designed and built to sail the world. Upon completing a decade long world cruise, MOUSETRAP was extensively refreshed in 2021-2023. The Owner’s directive was spare no expense to bring her back to new yacht condition. Thanks to her very knowledgeable crew and the significant capital investment, the refit covered every system including new machinery, new sails, servicing of mast and rigging, new teak decks, paint and overall refinishing of any areas of the yacht.
MOUSETRAP's massive cruising platform and expansive deck spaces enable effortless navigation throughout the yacht. The massive aft deck spans the entire beam and provides a generous sheltered dining and lounging space that seamlessly blends indoor and outdoor living.
The large sliding door from the aft deck reveals the main salon. The main salon is divided in 4 sections while retaining an open plan design. The modern and versatile layout allows for flexible living as it offers a spot for endless relaxation, dining, or working alike. The salon features an office area with a work desk, a large central bar, a generous lounging area with a wraparound sofa, as well as a formal dining area. Due to her innovative design that utilizes a carbon fiber arch to support the mast, MOUSETRAP is free of posts and bulkheads. This, coupled with the 46’ beam, results in an airy interior space offering 180-degree ocean views.
The interior salon seamlessly extends to the foredeck via a watertight, class-approved door, ensuring uninterrupted views and ventilation throughout the yacht. On the foredeck, a custom 6-person Jacuzzi, accompanied by lounging areas and a concealed ladder for easy water access, creates an ideal space to unwind after a refreshing swim.
MOUSETRAP can accommodate up to 9 guests across 4 staterooms. All staterooms are generously appointed with 7’ headroom, large portlights providing sea views, and ensuite head and showers. Natural and forced ventilation, along with state-of-the-art audiovisual systems, enhance the accommodations.
Leveraging innovative sailing technology and drawing inspiration from the multihull racing world, MOUSETRAP is equipped with hydraulic winches and an expansive gennaker, enabling her to cruise through challenging weather conditions. With outstanding sailing performance, impressive dimensions, and "as new" condition, MOUSETRAP stands out as the finest large sailing catamaran available today!
- World’s largest Carbon fiber cruising sailing Catamaran
- Designed for & by notable Tech entrepreneur owner with exacting expectations.
- Proven performance, comfort, and safety during 8-year family Pacific cruise
- 2021-2023 refit including all areas of the yacht to deliver in “as new” condition
- Innovative load sensor technology and PLC Force Feedback steering
- Enormous open living spaces remaining stable under sail
- Accommodations for 8/9 guests in four comfortable queen ensuite staterooms
- Comfortable Crew accommodations for 6 Crew in 4 cabins
- Latest PLC network on board with high-speed Starlink internet and 5G connectivity.
- Vast open deck areas incl. custom Jacuzzi on foredeck plus large flybridge
- Bureau Veritas class compliance recertified in 2023
- Southern Spars carbon mast new in 2016 and fully serviced in 2022
- EC6 Carbon rigging new in 2016 and recertified (10 year) in 2023
Construction & Design
|Built / Refit
|2012 / 2023
|Van Peteghem/Lauriot Prev
Dimensions & Materials
Performance & Engines
|2 x Cummins (355 hp)
2 x Cummins (50kW)
Class & Flag
|Bureau Veritas (BV)
* Yachts offered are subject to availability. The particulars are believed to be correct but are not guaranteed and may not be used for contractual purposes. Specification provided for information only.