Acting to make a difference
We are taking responsibility, in every area possible, to drive and encourage actions and thinking that can help protect and preserve our environment and reduce our footprint and that of our clients, partners, and staff not just for ourselves, but for generations to come.
Through a comprehensive series of ongoing actions, both in-house and across our fleet, we are enhancing our goals for a cleaner and more sustainable approach to our work, our yachting and our lives.
At Fraser we don’t ask: ‘why go green?’ we ask: ‘why wouldn’t we?’
FRASER UNITES TO UNIVERSALLY RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT
More than ever at Fraser, we realise that what we do today will shape what the future looks like for all of us.
To spearhead our commitment for a more sustainable approach to our operations and the business of yachting, we set up a dedicated GREEN TEAM (see more below) to steer each and every one of our initiatives worldwide to their successful conclusion.
This team drives and encourages a mindset and a way of working to better preserve the environment and reduce our carbon footprint in and out of all Fraser offices.
Our creative team was charged with working closely with the Green team to come up with a name and look for our actions, to help keep us all focused on our ultimate goals and objectives.
That name is FUTURE - (Fraser Unites To Universally Respect the Environment)
The logo shows an hour glass with a fresh young sapling growing from within.
The hour glass is a reminder that when it comes to taking responsibility for our actions and their effects on our environment, time is of the essence.
The tree is a reminder of the incredible results a positive change in mindset, a change that we make together, can have on our society and the world around us.
It is a reminder that what we do today will determine how our future looks.
OUR ACTIONS - INCREASING AWARENESS AND REDUCING IMPACT
As the first yachting company to sign up to the ecological agreement, the ‘Pacte National pour la Transition Energétique' with the Monaco Government, Fraser is committed to ensuring that the actions of all employees and all our corporate operations have a more positive environmental impact.
Here are just a few examples of Fraser corporate initiatives:
- We carbon offset all corporate travel with funds invested into sustainable energy projects.
- We have transitioned to Green electricity providers in many offices and are continuing to do so in others.
- We work with environmentally conscious suppliers for all services and provisions.
- We are a proud partner of Plastic Oceans who strive to increase awareness about plastic pollution to drive behavioral change.
- We have no single-use plastic in our offices and employees in the Monaco office have signed an individual ecological pact.
- We encourage digital documents as opposed to printing.
- We have selective recycling facilities in our offices for paper, batteries, ink cartridges, computers etc.
- Fraser has committed to the ongoing reduction in the use of printed marketing collateral. Should printing be required we purchase only recycled paper, use non-toxic ink, recyclable foils and also work with eco-certified providers.
- We encourage low energy consumption throughout all offices (turn off lights, turn of computer when not in use, keep air-con and heating to a comfortable minimum, unplugging electronics when not in use...).
- We have water fountains linked to the main water circuit and each of our employees has an eco-friendly 1 litre re-usable water bottle.
- We provide cutlery and crockery in the office to reduce packaging waste, as well as dishwashers to reduce water consumption.
- Our coffee machines use organic coffee beans and we recycle the grounds.
- Each team member has a Fraser/TCN reusable tote cotton bag.
- We select non-plastic recyclable gift items for clients and staff (steel pens, organic hoodies, tote bags, aluminium water bottles).
- We encourage ongoing organisation, promotion and attendance at eco team-building activities and events such as beach cleaning days.
- We promote the 5 R's throughout the workplace: Reuse, Refuse, Reduce, Recycle, Return to the earth.
External actions to better inform & support our clients worldwide:
The Fraser Green Team is in place to support and advise on all environmental aspects of yachting, and to provide our clients, Owners, Captains, crew and staff with ideas and inspiration for initiatives they can put in place for a more sustainable and energy efficient yacht operation.
Actions include the creation of an Owners and Captains ‘Guide to Going Green’ to help raise further awareness and increase onboard initiatives
Our Yacht Management team is releasing a dedicated Owners and Captains Guide to Energy Saving Opportunities that can be implemented on board.
All Fraser departments actively promote carbon offsetting to our yacht fleets.
Listen to our CEO Raphael Sauleau's recent interview on French Radio Ethic here (interview in French):
The mobile App uses geotagged images to map and chart marine pollution to identify areas where action is needed.
Fraser's CEO Raphael Sauleau has also recently become co-chair for the project.
If you would like to become an Eyesea partner or test the app, please see the Eyesea website here or reach out to Fraser’s Green Team for more information.
Our 2019 carbon offsetting supported the Vader Piet wind park project in Aruba.
The 30 megawatt (MW) wind park is located close to the coast of Venezuela and comprises 10 wind turbines, each with an electric capacity of 3 MW.
Through its operation, the park is achieving annual greenhouse gases emission reductions in excess of 150,000 tonnes CO2e per year.
An increasing number of yachts in the Fraser fleet carbon offset their bunkers. Fraser and the Green Team can help set this up where required.
For those who want to enjoy sustainable yachting, adopting even some of the many ideas and tips shared in the FRASER GUIDE TO GOING GREEN will make a very big difference.
For those who want to enjoy sustainable yachting that can also contribute immensely to the research and work being conducted today by leading organisations and associations to help clean our oceans and environment – Explorer Yachts come into their own.
Today, Fraser is not only involved in the yacht management and project management of “eco-explorers” such as LA DATCHA, but also offers one of the most comprehensive selections of Explorer yachts for sale anywhere in the world.
Designed to cruise every one of the world’s oceans with minimal impact, extensive range and all the facilities required to help with research and exploration, these are the vessels designed for the yacht owners of today who are focused on protecting the FUTURE of our seas.
Sound like a challenge you are keen to be a part of?