YERSIN: One-of-a-kind Sustainable Discovery Vessel For Sale & Charter
YERSIN was built in 2015 and since her launch has proven to be a true pedigree sustainable discovery vessel. Recognized as one of the cleanest explorer motor yachts in the world, YERSIN can cruise everywhere in the world and make a clean passage: zero emissions, zero wastes, whatever the location. Make your make without leaving a trace.
In her design, YERSIN brings to the fore some of the most innovative new technologies, whilst maintaining all of the comfort and luxuries expected of a superyacht - from an elevator that connects all guest decks together to a gym, spa, hammam, and massage room.
As a pedigree sustainable discovery vessel, she is also equipped with facilities needed on any discovery voyage - a research laboratory for investigation, a conference room, media room, hospital, and professional diving facilities.
YERSIN has been the vessel of choice for many prestigious explorations, including the Exploration de Monaco 2017, which saw her travel the globe for three years of scientific exploration, reaching the archipelagos of Micronesia and crossing the Atlantic to Martinique.
Aside from her explorative history, YERSIN makes a mark on the industry as one of the world's most sustainable yachts. Piriou, the French Shipyard commissioned for the build, used materials enabling YERSIN to be 95% recyclable. Her engines were designed to achieve extremely low fuel consumption and expel low emissions through filters which reduce nitrogen and sulfur oxides by 99.8%. Her dynamic positioning enables her to have no anchoring impact and her wastewater treatment is rated as 60% cleaner than the international standard.
YERSIN yacht for sale is also available for charter. She is a maritime masterpiece dedicated to science and discovery with all the luxuries of a modern yacht, accommodating up to 18 guests (12 guests in charter mode).
YERSIN – Sustainability credentials
- Vessel built to be 95% recyclable
- Zero emissions or waste, performing a clean passage wherever in the world
- Extremely low fuel consumption and low emissions
- Dynamic positioning, no anchoring impact
- Bureau Veritas Clean Ship Classified
- Non-wood recyclable resin decks
- Underwater hull coated with silicon non-biocide and antifouling
- Bilge water and wastewater treatment rated at 5ppm, 60% cleaner than the 15ppm international rule
- Filters on all engines, reducing NOx and SOx emissions by 99.8% and retaining 99.8% of soot particles
- Advanced water treatment and recycling systems
- Black & grey water storage, up to 10 days
Built for Exploration
The vessel boasts an exceptional number of exploration-ready features, including:
- Engineered for all weathers
- Ice classed for an ice thickness up to 40cm
- Polar Code compliant
- Withstands temperatures from -20°c to +50°c
- 12,000 nautical range
- SOLAS Passenger Ship Compliant
- Exceptional sea worthiness and stability with double pair of zero-speed Quantum stabilisers
- Food storage autonomy for up to 50 days for total 42 passengers
- Comprehensive functional range of tenders
- Dedicated dive centre with Air & Nitrox capabilities
- Research laboratory, classroom/conference room and hospital
YERSIN LUXURY ONBOARD FEATURES
A vessel as individual as YERSIN required an interior to match. The Owner worked together with designer Pierre Jacques Kubis to create an interior inspired by the 1930’s passenger ships. Of extreme importance to the Owner was the capability to go anywhere in the highest possible comfort, with no sacrifice to onboard living despite the passenger ship regulation and use of strictly SOLAS approved materials. YERSIN’s interior offers a unique French-style charm, ensuring that even in the most rugged destinations, the Owner and guests enjoy superior levels of comfort on board.
- Guest spa (30m²/322 square feet) with gym, hot tub, massage room, hairdressing room and Hammam
- Library stocked with hundreds of books
- Pool deck presented with two large and very comfortable large salon, fully equipped teppanyaki galley, sushi bar, large sun pads and a pool
- Cinema (20m²/215 square foot) with fully equipped compatible 4K projection, surround-sound and sumptuous seating for 15 guests, plus onboard video library
- Guest elevator to all decks
- Owner’s stateroom in a style inspired by the French colonial era, with private deck forward and recessed balconies plus luminotherapy shower
- 8 luxurious guest staterooms
For the ultimate in exploration, venture in to the deep with YERSIN’s state-of-the-art onboard dive centre. Fully loaded with the latest dive gear, ready to deploy at any time.
YERSIN's Dive Centre includes:
- Capacity for 3 x 8 divers within 6 hours
- Air compressor: LW compressors 230 litres/min – 330 bars, High pressure air dryer, LW AC 450/350 ACD, Humidity control PURACON RSE2000 and Nitrox station MIXMASTER PRO
- Booser tanks: 8 x B50 @ 300 bars
- Diving tanks: 10 x 12ltrs Scubapro, AIR Filling rack, 4 x tanks
- NITROX: Mixmaster HP-S, NITROX Filling rack, 4 x tanks
- Diving storage
YERSIN is loaded with a wide range of tenders. Some a suitable for exploration, with others perfect for relaxed cruising around your destination or to and from islands and beaches.
YERSIN’s full inventory of tenders on board:
- WAJER Osprey 37 (11M/37’): Radar equipped with a chart plotter navigation system and jet propulsion
- 2 x ZODIAC Hurricane (7.5M/24’): RIB, core-foam-filled reinforced hulls with 2 x Volvo Penta D4 300 kW engines
- MUNSON landing craft (7.3M/24’): Aluminium with 2 x Volvo Penta D4 - 300 kW engines, radar equipped with chart plotter navigation system
- 2 x ZODIAC ribs: AKA Marine with 3 x Yamaha 4T 60 cv direct drive
Meet YERSIN’s Captain Jean Dumarais, on board from the start of the build
In the spirit of adventure, the vessel was named after explorer, scientific cartographer, physician and bacteriologist Alexandre Yersin. Among his many achievements was co-discovering the bacillus responsible for the bubonic plague, which was later named in his honour, Yersinia pestis. His remarkable discovery saved countless lives.
The vessel shares the values of her namesake: Adventure, Science and Education (ASE).
AND NOW YOU CAN EXPERIENCE HER FOR YOURSELF -Now available for charter in Greenland
YERSIN is now available for unforgettable charters in Greenland.
Whether you love breathtaking landscapes or incredible wildlife, a charter in the comfort of an ice classed explorer vessel will let you live your adventures in the upmost comfort.
Experience the midnight sun with the impressive backdrop of glaciers in this area of exhilarating natural beauty.
Blue Planet boats: Yersin and REV [paywall]