Atalanta Golden Yachts (AGY) becomes part of the Worldwide Fraser Yachts Group
Two industry-leading companies join forces as Fraser Yachts acquires a majority interest in the renowned Greek yacht management company, Atalanta Golden Yachts (AGY) based in Athens, Greece.
- The integration of the internationally respected AGY team, headed by AGY founding member, Popy Kaia, within the Fraser Yachts Greece team lead by Vassilis Fotilas, is the result of a continued drive by both companies, and Fraser’s parent company, MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE: HZO), to further deliver an unparalleled depth of insight and know-how through best-in-class expertise.
- Yacht owners, charter clients and the industry now benefit from both an unmatched level of regional and local expertise and the increased wide-reaching strategic networks available to them through more than 19 other key global Fraser locations and the MarineMax network worldwide.
- Founded in 2006, today AGY charter manages 51 yachts in Greece from 21 - 95m+ (70ft -300 ft+) including such renowned yachts as O'PARI 95m/312ft, O'PTASIA 85m/278ft, O’EVA 60m/196ft and the newly launched O'REA 77m/255ft.
- The longest serving full-service luxury yacht specialist in the world, Fraser celebrates over 75 years of multi-award-winning excellence in luxury yachting. Today the company manages a client portfolio of yachts worth over 5.8 billion dollars for owners and a fleet of over 90 charter yachts ranging from 24m/79ft to 90+m/295+ft including such yachts as the highly sought after M/Y CARINTHIA VII (97m/318ft), M/Y WHEELS (76m/247ft) and M/Y FORCE BLUE 71m (231ft).
- John Dragnis, principal shareholder of Atalanta Golden Yachts, retains a significant interest in the newly combined operation and will play an important part in the continued growth of the Group’s success in Greece.
- Following an initial period of transition, the newly combined companies will operate under the brand: Fraser Yachts Greece as part of the overall Fraser Yachts Group.
- With over 2,700 days booked in 2023 alone, Greece is the world’s #1 destination for charter clients with Fraser and AGY.
COMMENTS FROM KEY STAKEHOLDERS:
Brett McGill, MarineMax Chief Executive Officer and President:
“The inclusion of Atalanta Golden Yachts complements our leading superyacht brokerage and luxury yacht offerings. Atalanta Golden Yachts’ long-standing relationships and network of clients, combined with Frasers’ full-service yachting offerings, strengthens our commitment to providing unparalleled luxury yachting experiences to a growing number of customers worldwide. We are thrilled that the Atalanta Golden Yachts team will be joining our Fraser team in Greece and look forward to further solidifying our position in this attractive and growing market.”
John Dragnis, principal shareholder of Atalanta Golden Yachts:
“MarineMax and Fraser’s exceptional expertise and global leadership in the superyacht brokerage and luxury yacht services markets presents a compelling partnership opportunity for us. We are excited to work with the MarineMax family and contribute to the significant growth opportunities created by this powerful combination.”
Vassilis Fotilas, Managing Director, Fraser Greece:
“Fraser and AGY share the same ethos in conducting professional, informed, respectful and ultimately successful client and industry business. Our complementary strengths and common goals were the core building blocks in combining our two teams. Continuity is key, and for this reason, the AGY charter, marketing and back-office team will all be combining forces with our existing Fraser Yachts Greece team.
“For myself and my team, we are incredibly excited about working with Popy Kaia, as Charter Director of Fraser Yachts Greece and her charter, marketing and accounting teams. As a result, the new Fraser Yachts Greece will offer our existing and future clients the best opportunities, information and service.
“Adding to our combined existing success, we are focused on being able to offer the yachts we already represent even greater exposure on the world stage via the Fraser brand and global network. In addition, we can now offer our clients greater insight and a wider range of services in Greece including sales and purchase, charter retail and yacht management.”
About Vassilis Fotilas: Recipient of the coveted Richard Earp Award for outstanding fair, ethical and transparent professional client service in yachting, Athens-born Vassilis Fotilas has been with Fraser for over 16 years. An accomplished and respected sales broker in his own right, he also served as Commercial Director for two years overseeing the sales and charter operations for Fraser in Europe, Asia and Oceania.
Popy Kaia, Charter Director, Fraser Greece:
“As all of our clients and indeed our industry colleagues are only too aware, great business really only comes from even greater relationships. Relationships with owners, charterers and importantly charter brokers that are cultivated over time and built on trust, reliability and excellence. With this dynamic and transformative union of brands, I am pleased to say that not only does this reinforce our commitment to deliver for all of our Central Agency owners, it now gives us the network, tools and opportunities to devote even more of our focus on the growth and advancement of our Greek fleet with heightened visibility and promotion worldwide.
“We are delighted to join forces with Fraser and the whole of the MarineMax family of companies to establish what we feel is an unparalleled standard of service excellence.”
About Popy Kaia: Born in Greece, Popy commenced her yachting career in 1996. Her expertise in yacht charter and yacht management earned her the role of Partner and Charter Director at Atalanta Marine in 2004 and at Atalanta Golden Yachts in 2006. Under her leadership the yacht fleet has expanded from just 4 yachts to more than 50, including yachts ranging from 80 to 95 metres. The first person of Greek nationality to have ever been elected to the MYBA Board, Popy has also served as Chairwoman of the East Med Liaison Committee with her contributions to the yachting industry including the introduction of the MYBA standard in Greece and her advocacy for the implementation of MYBA guidelines for Yacht Owners, Captains and crew.