14 October 2013
Discover the Best Beaches in the Bahamas
A Caribbean island charter offers you the perfect chance to explore the incredible array of beaches in the Bahamas, one of the most picturesque and popular destinations on the planet. Indeed, there are so many stunning stretches of sparkling white sand that it is almost impossible to know where to head first. The Bahamas consists of more than 700 different island and cays over a distance of 258,998 square km in the western Atlantic Ocean, so finding a decent beach on a Caribbean yacht charter in this breath-taking region just isn’t an issue.
However, to help you find true paradise without touring all the islands, we have listed some of our favourites below:
- One of our favourites to discover on a yacht charter in the Bahamas is Berry Islands, where you will find the historical Shipyard Beach. This stretch of coastline was the site of the very first settlement on The Bahamas and is a stone’s throw from Great Harbour Cay with its seven continuous miles of beautiful beaches.
- Another stretch of beach not to be missed on a superyacht charter in the Bahamas is Saddle Cay, with its horseshoe-shaped curve, which is located near the Exumas' northern tip and only accessible by boat.
- Cat Island in the Southern Bahamas has a strong claim for the best beaches, with its pristine white sands and crystal clear water fringed with coconut palms. It’s the perfect place to drop down an anchor and swim in the crystal clear water.
- Tahiti Beach on Elbow Cay, just off Abacos Island, is also a dream destination which remains surprisingly hidden to the masses. The crowds tend to stay away because you cannot drive here; in fact arriving on a luxury yacht is almost the only way to access this picturesque beach.
- No visit to the region would be complete without a trip to Pink Sands Beach on Harbour Island. Here you will find 5km of pale-pink sand protected by a stunning coral reef. It’s ideal for snorkelling and swimming, or just lazing in the sun.