TOP 10 ESSENTIALS ON A YACHT
Valeria originally moved to France in 1995 to teach Russian language and literature, but after moving to the South of France in 2000 she moved into the world of yachting. Valeria started working at Fraser Yachts in 2005 as a retail charter broker and has been in the yachting industry in Monaco since 2002. She is noted for her impeccable personal style and her knowledge of art and literature.In this blog post she reveals her top 10 essentials on a yacht charter.
2. Art & interiors Chartering a yacht with great art on board always adds a new dimension and feeling to the yacht. Also very important is a tastefully decorated interior. My favourite interior designs are by Fendi Casa or Armani Casa - I love their pure lines and comfortable designs. On the Fraser Yachts charter fleet, superyachts SIMA and MY ZEHAVA both boast exceptional interior designs by Fendi.
3. Water misters Made popular by American shipyards like Delta Marine, water misters are fast becoming an essential feature on a yacht. They are just perfect for alfresco dining and a refreshing feature to have around sun loungers on the sundeck. Super yacht MY ZEHAVA features them beside the Jacuzzi area!
4. A spa A spa on board is an absolute essential for me. The luxury of having a dedicated masseuse or beauty therapist and the promise of a 100% relaxing moment on board is a major plus. Superyachts like FORCE BLUE have stunning spa facilities.
5. Healthy food One of the many pleasures of being on board a superyacht is the delicious cuisine. My personal favourite is healthy Asian style fusion food. Hadleigh Corban, the chef on board super yacht RIMA II, brings a variety of specialities that include seafood dishes, Pacific Rim fusion and Asian cuisine. He is also familiar with molecular cuisine, thus catering to the needs of the most health conscious guests.
6. Luxury swimwear Stylish, great quality swimwear is vital on a super yacht. My personal favourite is ERES swimwear. Their incredibly stylish models and resistant fabrics make them great for splashing around with water toys. The perfect ally for a waterskiing session or Seabob adventure AND looking fabulous on deck. No need to sacrifice comfort for beauty!
7. Hats Offering protection from the sun and doubling up as a stylish addition to any outfit, hats are an absolute must. With their iconic print and colourful hues, Missoni designs offer stylish protection from the hot sun.
8. Throws Luxurious cashmere throws are perfect for wrapping up at sundowners or for an alfresco dinner when the temperature can drop a little with the cool ocean breeze. Soft, lavish and colourful, Hermes Altaï blankets are my favourite.
9. Sun cream I always wear factor 50+. Good sun protection cream is an absolute essential and Sisleÿa is one of my brands of choice. Their Sunleÿa SPF 50 range combines advanced UVA/UVB filters, anti-radical ingredients to reinforce the skin and vegetal active ingredients to hydrate.
10. Professional juicer Juicers are becoming a major trend on board super yachts, especially for Russian clients. Whether for vegetables or fruit… as the trend for all things juiced continues, two professional juicers are considered a minimum - especially when there are 10 guests or more on board. Super yacht RIMA II has several juicers.