17 August 2011
Where to Visit in Phuket
Phuket, Thailand’s largest and most popular island, is fast becoming the hub of all super yacht charter activity in the region and it’s easy to see why. The island boasts some wonderfully green and verdant inland oasis, while its coastline is a series of white sandy beaches bordered by inviting turquoise sea. There are also a number of small uninhabited islands to explore, making it the perfect sailing ground for your yacht charter in Thailand.
Within this relatively small paradise – the island measures 48km from north to south and 21km from east to west – there are a large number of first-class facilities including Phuket Yacht Haven, a luxury marina with excellent amenities. There is also a huge range of water sports on offer around the island, including some world-class dive sites. Below is our guide of what not to miss on a super yacht charter in Phuket:
- Check into Aspasia Spa for a red sweet body rub, or the coconut and passion fruit exfoliation.
- Go on an elephant ride through the lush interior of the island, with the Phuket Elephant Safari.
- Kayak through caves at dusk on Ao Phang-Nga’s hidden islands with John Gray Sea Canoe.
- Scuba dive off Racha Noi Shark Point with any one of the number of diving schools on Phuket.
- Try your hand during a super yacht charter in Phuket at deep sea fishing: there is plenty of black marlin, tuna and barracuda to go around. Your chef on your yacht charter in Thailand will be more than happy to grill it back on the boat.
- Ask the crew to get out the surfboard on your super yacht charter and ride the waves at Hat Kata Yai’s southern cove.
- Anchor off Surin beach, and enjoy an idyllic day in the emerald bay.
- Play a round of golf at the luxury Laguna Phuket Golf Club, which was recently voted amongst the Ten Best Golf Courses in Asia.