Charter Management Assistant - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Excellent computer skills needed, must have InDesign to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazine ads. Microsoft Office Suite. Able to follow direction; take initiative and work unsupervised with good time management skills. Knowledge and experience in the yachting industry is a plus.
Ability to multi-task, detail oriented, and very organized. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Positive attitude, ability to work in a close team environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the managers in their general tasks to create new business and ensure a certain level of service towards our clients.
- Assist the managers in creating presentations and itineraries.
- Assist managers in handling charters and enquiries
- Assist managers in dealing with clients / Captains / Brokers/ Yacht agents/ Ports.
- Answer the phone, meet and greet clients and prospective clients when required.
- Help arrange travel plans and accommodation.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing department.
- Work in close collaboration with the accounting.
- Attend and represent Fraser Yachts at Yacht Shows and Open Days.
- Due to seasonality and trade shows the charter assistant will occasionally be required to stay later in the office and sometimes work on weekends.
- Job Benefits details: some travel may be involved for boat shows, meeting clients, etc. IRA (co. matches contributions), health insurance (small employee contribution), paid holidays. This position has room for growth.
QUALIFICATIONS:Indesign: 1 year (Required)
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package
Fluency in English is a requirement, a second language like French, Italian or other languages is a plus.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Karene Silvera at [email protected]
Charter Manager - Monaco - Maternity Cover
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To market and secure confirmed charters on assigned Yachts in an efficient and effective manner. To establish a strong relationship with the Owner or representative and Captain in regards to charter and chartering. To work as a member of the Charter Management Team, using Company procedures and Charter Management practices.
The Charter Manager is the company’s and Owner’s representative of the Yacht where charters are concerned. The Charter Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of the Yacht, crew, location, charter rate and all details in regards to charter to be able to answer quickly and with expertise any questions regarding charter. The Charter Manager is client focused.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Managing a number of yachts of the charter fleet simultaneously.
- Develop good working relations with captains and crew of managed yachts.
- Foster Owner and/or Owner’s representatives relations with the object of improving client satisfaction.
- Keep Owner and Crew informed at all times of yacht’s schedule and of relevant developments and opportunities in the charter market.
- Build up each yacht’s charter season with the object of optimizing each yacht’s calendar, itinerary and revenues.
- Market portfolio of yachts proactively to in-house and industry brokers.
- Respond in a professional timely manner to all enquiries from brokers.
- Working proactively to increase the in-house fleet
- Network with colleagues, other industry players and service providers including charter brokers and captains and crew
- Keep abreast of changes in industry rules, regulations and practices
- Prepare customized marketing presentations and marketing plans as necessary
- Have good working knowledge of international facilities, distances and regulations in main cruising areas worldwide
- Planning and participation to events (open houses, events.etc)
- Assist the other charter managers in their duties.
- Prepare excel sheets of the charter funds.
- Prepare charter details for contracts and review drafts. Follow up with signed contracts.
- Initiate wires and keep track of incoming and outgoing funds.
Requirements of the job (essential skills, qualifications and experience):
• minimum 2 years’ experience in the same position
• Working knowledge of industry tools (Yachtfolio, MYBA contracts, etc.)
• Good spoken and written English, another language is a plus.
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office,
• Ability to multi-task working
• Time management; work planning; team work; problem solving; initiative; decision making; ongoing improvement attitude.
CDD from mid of June 2018 till mid of February 2019 ( option to extend until mid of March 2019)
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Florence Gaytté at [email protected]