Safety Superintendent - Fort Lauderdale
The overall purpose of the job is to maintain the safe, secure, compliant operation of assigned ships in compliance with the ISM and ISPS code and MLC 2006 convention, the company SMS and the industry good practices.
To provide an effective link between the Company and the yachts, to verify and monitor all safety and pollution prevention activities in the operation of each assigned ship and to ensure that adequate resources and shore-based support is applied as required.
- The candidate should preferably have deck officer background, with experience from similar shore positions and minimum seagoing experience as a Chief Officer.
- Class surveyor experience or higher education degree within the Marine Field could potentially be considered equivalent
- Takes lead in implementing applicable parts of the SMS on board assigned vessels
- Hasten and review vessel returns (Master Monthly Report, Incident Report etc.…)
- Form part of the Emergency Response Team
- Keep track of expiration and survey dates for required Ships Certificates
- Advises and assist master to apply for Ship certifications as required
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures
- Conducts Statutory regulations watch keeping
- Conducts Audits as per the Audit yearly schedule and on request
- Fluency in English is a requirement. The ability to speak fluent French, Spanish, or Italian, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Flag statutory regulations, ISM and ISPS code.
- Experienced in conducting internal audits.
- Experience of a minimum of 5 years working experience in the same or similar position, working in the Yachting industry is preferred
- College/University education preferred
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Please send your CV + cover letter to Karene Silvera: [email protected]