The Technical Superintendent is the Company’s and the Owner’s representative in the day-to-day operations of the vessel and is expected to communicate and advance the relationships by providing excellent support services to the yacht Owners.
With an in-depth knowledge of yacht, operations, systems, engineering, refits, upkeep, and personnel management, the Technical Superintendent performs concentrated work under pressure of multiple vessels and tight deadlines. To be successful in the role, the Technical Superintendent must possess the ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) and is required to coordinate and liaise closely with the Yacht Administrator, the Crew Administrator and the Safety Superintendent assigned to the yacht, as well as with client Captains, and Owners. As part of the management team, the Technical Superintendent must maintain effective team relationships with staff in the Charter and Sales departments. The Technical Superintendent reports directly to the Supervisor of Technical Superintendents and works closely with the Yacht Management team members.
Work is conducted often outdoors inspecting boats, meeting with yacht captains, crew, and owners aboard vessels.
Local, national and international travel is required 30-40 % of time. Ability and willingness to travel within short notice is required;
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey and attend to yacht inspections;
- Ensure safety Management and Regulatory Compliance;
- Monitor vessel planned Maintenance and Repair;
- Report technical and operational matters including yachts performance, liaise with owner and organize corrective actions;
- Determine repair specifications, perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works and maintenance
- Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of yachts, attend to dry docking /technical stop and ensure respect of budget, delivery time and standards.
- Identify and source for technical, operational supplies and logistic worldwide.
- Report to owner and technical manager on a regular basis.
- Undertake any other technical related assignments as and when required.
Requirements of the job (essential skills, qualifications and experience):
Knowledge of yacht, operations, systems, engineering and refits.
Experience of a minimum of 5 years working experience in the Yachting industry is preferred.
Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
A lot of travels is required with short notice.
Multi-skilled, Client focus, Commitment, time management, work planning, team work, problem solving, initiative, decision making, ongoing improvement attitude.
Fluency in English is a requirement, a second language like French, Italian or other languages is a plus.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package (Microsoft Project or equivalent) and Ship Management Software.
University education, especially in Naval Engineering, with a proven academic track record or a Chief Engineer background on commercial ship and Yachts is preferred.
Please send your CV + cover letter to [email protected]