Yacht Marketing Strategist - Ft Lauderdale
The Yacht Marketing Strategist, working as part of the Global Marketing Team, is responsible for ensuring all yachts in the Fraser US sales and charter fleets benefit from the most effective and cohesive online, print and event tools for maximum awareness building and lead generation.
The Yacht Marketing Strategist will liaise closely with colleagues in Europe and the US to ensure a constant global brand message. This person will report to the Global Marketing Manager based in Monaco.
The role requires a solid and demonstrable understanding of all aspects of marketing communications, especially digital communications and strategy and PR skills, and a candidate who will be able to create and execute best practice email and online campaigns that generate high engagement and increase website traffic to landing pages created for that purpose. As an experienced communicator and meticulous planner, the Yacht Marketing Strategist will be able to work under pressure, create and publish excellent copy and meet tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have exceptional written and spoken English and will often need to write press releases, copy for the website, social media and brochures, as well as suggest new ideas for such content. Experience in yachting or worldwide travel is preferred.
The candidate will be a self-motivated hard worker who is meticulous, has high standards and an eye for detail. The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the Global Marketing Manager, should be confident working at a senior, decision-making level and should also be ambitious, and keen to learn/progress.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Work with the Digital Marketing Strategist and yacht brokers to manage all areas of digital promotional activity for Fraser’s US fleet with a focus on increasing client engagement and generating more goal completions; including the company website, email campaigns, all social media channels and other digital marketing channels.
Work with the US graphic designer and yacht brokers to manage all printed material for Fraser’s US fleet for boat shows, yacht brochures and magazine advertising. Coordinate the production of all visual communication materials printed within the US, including; brochures and large format display graphics.
Monitor company news and write appropriate content media requests and official press releases when needed, as well as other online material such as e-news, e-fliers and email marketing. To work with external press agencies as and when appropriate. Maintain and build relationships with key media contacts in the yachting, trade and consumer press. Monitor editorial schedules and manage the writing, collation and supply of timely information of US fleet and company activities to all industry and luxury publications and online media. To achieve widespread and regular coverage and maintain high visibility and positive profile for the company.
To assist with the production of copy for all printed and online brochures, including but not limited to: annual charter portfolio, yacht brochures, and online client presentations including yacht features and destination brochures; as well as suggest new ideas and topics for such content.
To assist with the editorial plan and design, then collation of content, including copy and photos to ensure that each piece is delivered and distributed on time and within budget. To assist with proofreading of all articles and content.
To liaise with all department managers and coordinate production of all printed and digital marketing materials including brochures and leaflets. To appoint and oversee translators, copywriters, photographers, designers, printers, couriers and mailing houses to ensure delivery and distribution on time and within budget.
To assist the Graphic Designer in maintaining and developing the photographic library. To organize photo sessions of yachts and/or acquire stock photography as required.
Marketing Support Services
Work closely with the brokers and staff on an ad hoc basis when required for specific projects/clients. Develop tools and templates which allow staff to create high quality, custom presentations, proposals, yacht selections and charter itineraries. The candidate may also be required to perform other, ad hoc marketing duties which may be reasonably required.
Job Essential Functions (essential skills, experience and qualifications)
- Excellent copyrighting skills
- Good knowledge of SEO, PPC/AdWords and digital and social media strategies (preferably for the luxury market)
- Commercially minded – motivated by delivering results
- Excellent ability to work under pressure, extremely well organised, able to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards
- Self-motivated and confidant
- Excellent knowledge of social media and digital production/publishing/scheduling/analytics platforms as well as multi-media content creation platforms
- Good knowledge of Photoshop (or equivalent), Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with video editing skills a bonus
- Excellent communication skills and adept at working both as a team and autonomously
- Fluent English in both oral and written communications
- Other languages would be a bonus (Spanish, Italian, Russian, German)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to remain in a sedentary position 90% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machineries such as printer and copy machine
- Occasionally moves, transports, positions and removes equipment weighing up to 30 pounds for boat show/marketing materials when needed
- Ability to work after-hours and/or weekends during boat shows
- Ability to attend Fraser boat shows and open house events when needed
- 3 years’ experience in marketing, with at least 1-2 years’ experience in digital marketing (strategy and implementation), preferably with yachting or luxury services
- Proven track record of growing leads and sales through online marketing – must be able to provide references and achievements
- Experience working with CRM and integrated email marketing solutions, preferably Microsoft Dynamics & Click Dimensions
BS/BA, Master’s Degree or an equivalent Marketing certification
Minimum of 3 years’ full-time experience with demonstrable results in lead generation and conversion in an advertising/digital marketing agency or in-house Marketing Department.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Candidates considered qualified for this position will be contacted within 20 days, if not please deem the position filled.