OCTOPUS yacht for sale
€ 235,000,000 (approx. $ 275,538,000)
The 126m (414') ground-breaking exploration yacht OCTOPUS was delivered by Lurssen in 2003. Imposing at 9,932 GT, her iconic twin-domed mast makes her instantly recognizable. Built to Ice-class 1A with a range of 12,500nm and reaching a max speed of 19 knots, OCTOPUS was designed for extended cruising and exploration in extreme conditions. She is equipped with a helipad forward and a larger landing deck aft with an adjoining helicopter garage for two aircraft.
The hull includes an integrated dock that opens from the transom. When closed, the dock provides berths for a 13m custom Hinckley dive tender and a 10-person submersible. When open, the dock is flooded allowing both to float out. OCTOPUS also carries six tenders including an ROV and an array of water toys.
OCTOPUS can accommodate 26 guests in 13 staterooms. Exceptional amenities include a large cinema and a recording studio with a specially designed floor to damp out noise and vibration. There is also a private observation lounge, a beach club and diving deck, pool, gym, and spa with hammam and sauna.
In superb condition having just completed an 8-month refit at Blohm+Voss including her 15-year class surveys, OCTOPUS remains the benchmark for exploration yachting.
Videography – Franck Spire
- Delivered in 2003 by Lurssen with an Espen Øino design.
- The interior is designed by the Seattle based Jonathan Quinn Barnett.
- When the tender and submarine vessels are inboard, the water is pumped out providing a drydock facility.
- A heated freshwater swimming pool is located on deck, with a glass retractable floor which raises flush with deck level to provide an entertainment area.
|Features||Stabilisers WIFI Elevator Swimming Pool car garage Gym scuba diving helicopter Beach Club Sports Courts helipad|
|Stabilisers||At Anchor & Underway|
|Engines||8 x MTU (2,466HP)|
8 x MTU (1,840kW)
|Cruising/max speed||18 KNOTS (CRUISING) / 19 KNOTS (MAX)|
|Cruise range||12,500 nm|
|Exterior Designer||Espen Oeino International|
|Interior Designer||Jonathan Quinn Barnett, JQB Yacht Design|
|Classification||Lloyd's Register (LR)|
* Yachts offered are subject to availability. The particulars are believed to be correct but are not guaranteed and may not be used for contractual purposes. Specification provided for information only.
18 December 2019
04 September 2019
23 June 2021
3-6 June 2021