15 June 2012
Music to make your Mediterranean Yacht Charter Magical
The French Riviera is glamorous, picturesque and sizzling hot – so it’s the perfect place to come on a yacht charter this summer. It’s also got a music line up to challenge even the largest cosmopolitan cities, so those coming on a Mediterranean yacht charter this year are in for a particular treat. Here’s our guide to Fraser Yacht’s top musical events this year across the Cote d’Azur:
- At some point during your yacht charter along the fabulous French Riviera make sure you check out Dee Dee Bridgewater who will open this year’s Nice Jazz Festival in Place Massena on July 8th.
- If Jazz is your thing and you’re up for more after the Nice Jazz Festival head down the coast on your yacht charter and anchor off the lively resort of Juan-les-pins. Playing this year at the famous Jazz a Juan Festival are legendary artists such as Norah Jones, Tom Jones and Kool in the Gang. Check here for tickets Jazz a Juan Festival or if you don’t fancy leaving your luxury yacht – make sure your crew drop anchor close enough to hear the tunes from the deck.
- Perhaps our favourite event is the Monte Carlo Sporting Summer Festival who's venue is the magnificent Salles des Etoiles, in Monaco. The venue is magical as the roof and windows of the stunning Salle des Etoiles opens up to the stars allowing diners and guests listening to first class acts beneath the velvet sky. This year’s top acts include Enrique Inglesias, his father Julio and British actor-turned-singer Hugh Laurie.
- For more jazz in August head on yacht charter to St Tropez where you will discover the magical Ramatuelle Jazz Festival which kick starts its eclectic program on August 16th.
- And finally, for those of you on Mediterranean yacht charter who prefer classical music, head to the picturesque port of Villefranche sur Mer from July 19th to 21st for a veritable feast of classical gems played in the wonderful setting of the Citadelle.